**由于COVID, the 法院主持人 services are by phone appointment 只有 until further notice.
**法院主持人 may 只有 assist Pro Se litigants (people representing themselves).
The courthouse facilitator helps facilitate to empower Pro Se individuals with necessary instructions, 形式, and efforts necessary to participate in the Family Court. The program was established to provide assistance to citizens who choose to or who cannot afford an attorney to represent them in matters dealing with divorce (dissolution), 监护权, 孩子的抚养费, 或者是父权问题. Because of a reduction in free legal service programs, more than half of the cases filed have a pro se (self-represented) litigant involved. The Family Court Facilitator is a non-attorney who provides general information to individuals who represent themselves in 高等法院 in family law/domestic relations matters.
Family Law / Domestic Relations Matters include:
- Dissolution/Legal Separation/Invalidity of a Marriage
- Modification of Custody/Parenting Plan
- Modification of Child Support Order
- Establishment of Parentage (Paternity)
Information the Family Law Court House Facilitator may provide:
- What mandatory 形式 are available and how to acquire them.
- Which 形式 to complete to begin and to finalize a legal action.
- Review of completed 形式 for procedural correctness (necessary blanks filled in and signed where required).
- Explain local procedures for setting motions and other hearings on the court calendars.
- Informational brochures and instruction sheets relating to domestic relation matters.
- Information regarding referrals to mediation, legal, social service and governmental agencies.
Family Court Facilitator User Fee
- The Family Court Facilitator User Fee is a fee of $25 that must be paid to the Clerk's Office prior to your visit with the Family Court Facilitator.
- The Clerk's Office accepts cash, cashier's checks or money orders 只有. Be sure to keep your receipt for verification - it must be presented in order to set your appointment session time. The user fee (of $25 or $10 if reduced) must be paid in the Clerk's Office before you may schedule an appointment or sign-up for the walk-in sheet.
- You must provide proof of state assistance in order to reduce the user fee to $10.
- You must save your receipt from the Clerk's Office and present to the Court Facilitator in order to schedule an appointment or sign-in for the walk-in sheet.
The Family Court Facilitator may 只有 assist you with cases filed in 电子游艺正规平台. The Court Facilitator can not not provide legal advice or fill out your 形式 for you.
- 会有 没有退款 of the Family Court Facilitator user fee.If you are working on a Residential Schedule Action and want the Facilitator to review your documents, you must have proof of paternity in the court file or with you to sign in. That would include the original copy of Paternity Affidavit or birth certificate or certified copy of the same.
Appointments are scheduled for 30 minutes each. Appointment times vary depending on the court schedules each week so you will need to call in advance to see what the schedule is for that week. We require 24 hour advance notice in order to cancel or reschedule an appointment.
Please call (509) 427-3765 to make an appointment or if in person ask at the 高等法院 Clerk window for assistance.